At The Hills we believe that young adults can improve their overall functioning with the appropriate structure, guidance, and participation.
Our inpatient addiction treatment uses a holistic approach that covers not only drug dependence but also:
Our program includes regular mental health assessments performed by our team of qualified professionals, individual and group therapy sessions, peer lead groups, balanced diet and nutrition, recreational activities, holistic sessions, an intensive physical health routine guided by a team of personal trainers, positive socialisation, family sessions, and supervised access to outside group meetings. We believe in promoting change in youths’ approach to life, attitudes, values, beliefs, and behaviours that will develop into an increase in their self-esteem and decision-making skills.
After the stabilisation period, our clients are encouraged to explore new interests, regain a sense of self, learn new ways to communicate and respond to conflict and develop meaningful and healthier friendships. Our program includes various recreational activities such as boxing, swimming, hiking, cycling, sports, camping and community events.
The Biopsychosocial Model of Substance Abuse
According to studies, many risk factors are associated with developing substance use problems. Risk factors make a person more likely to develop these problems.
The chart above shows the biological, psychological and social (biopsychosocial) risk factors for substance use problems.
Biological Risk Factors
Psychological Risk Factors
Social Risk Factors
How to respond when your loved one is using Marijuana?
Facing a child’s substance abuse causes immense damage not only to the person but also to the family. Parents feelings of guilt and relationships between family members breaking or experiencing difficulties are some of the most commonly described situations. Many young adults think marijuana is not dangerous because it is legal now in many countries. Unfortunately, this has also created a rise in youth needing treatment for marijuana addiction and is the gateway to more potent substances.
Some young adults do not feel the full effects or the harm marijuana has, but some others do.
Dealing with a child’s experimenting with marijuana or more developed drugs can be challenging; at The Hills Rehab, we can help. Marijuana is often one of the primary drugs of choice among young people. The first step to helping your child is to help yourself, learn about addiction and recovery, learn about harm reduction, and learn about the signs of problematic drug use.
These are examples of signs you may be concerned about:
• Failure to launch (do not wait for rock bottom to happen)
• Mood changes (anger, depression, anxiety, isolation)
• Changes in appearance, friends, personality, and routine
• Loss of interest in hobbies, sports, school, and family activities
• Decreased productivity and responsibility
• Low sense of self
• Poor self-care
• Drug use
• Increased need for money
• Increase in high-risk behaviours
• Impaired concentration, judgment, and long-term thinking
What can you do now?
• Seek professional help
• Discuss rather than interrogate, do your best to be assertive. It is important not to judge your loved one based on these signs. If you are concerned, ask how they are feeling and be ready to listen without feeling judged; begin to learn more about substance use problems and ways you may help
• Expect resistance
• Understand the difference between recreational drug use and addiction
• Set boundaries and stick to them
• Keep hope
• Call our admissions
If you would like to know more information, please contact us.
Copyright © 2022 The Hills Rehab Chiangmai. All Rights Reserved.