Depression is more than just feeling sad and affects hundreds of millions of people worldwide. Depression is one of the most common underlying issues to addiction issues. At The Hills Rehab, we are committed to treating these symptoms and deal with issues that will arise after. When your sad mood lasts for a long time and interferes with your daily work. you may have depression.
- Feeling sad often
- Lack of interest in activities that used to be fun
- Feeling irritable‚ frustrated‚ restless
- Sleep issues
- Changes in appetite
- Aches, pains, headaches, stomach problems
- Trouble concentrating or making decisions
- Feeling guilty, worthless or helpless
- Thoughts of suicide or self-harm
There are many treatments for depression. This includes various forms of therapy, mindfulness, meditation, yoga, fitness therapy and medications if needed. We can help you determine what treatment is best for you. Therapy at The Hills Rehab will focus on thoughts‚ feelings and issues that are happening in your life. You will work with your therapist to learn coping skills and mechanisms to help modify behavior while finding solutions.
There are various types of anxiety disorders, including generalized anxiety disorder (GAD), panic disorder, social anxiety disorder and various phobia-related disorders.
There are many treatments for anxiety. This includes various forms of therapy, mindfulness, meditation, yoga, fitness therapy, and medication when needed. We can help you determine the best treatment for you.
Therapy at The Hills Rehab will focus on thoughts‚ feelings and issues that are happening in your life. You will work with your therapist to learn coping skills and mechanisms to help modify behavior while finding solutions.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) is a very effective psychotherapy which teaches different ways of thinking, behave and react to situations to help you feel less anxious and fearful.
Trauma / PTSD
Trauma is an emotional response to an event such as an accident, sexual assault or childhood family events. Long term reactions of experiencing traumatic events include unpredictable emotions, flashbacks, difficult relationships and physical symptoms including nausea and, in some cases, has visual / auditory hallucinations.
SIGNS OF PTSD :
- A life threatening event. Whether it actually is life threatening or not, it’s really about the perception of the person who experienced or witnessed the event that might happen to them again.
- Flashbacks of traumatic events. Signs of these injuries often appear as a nightmare or flashbacks. It’s important to note that these are not memories but are unwanted, intrusive episodes where a person feels as though they are in the life-threatening situation again.
- Avoidance of repetitive external situation. Those with PTSD often do whatever they can to not think about their traumatic event, to suppress the feelings associated with it. They might avoid alleys if they were assaulted in one, or they might refuse to drive if they were in a car accident.
- Altered anxiety state. PTSD can leave people feeling anxious and hypervigilant. Their response state is exaggerated making them feel jumpy. This is a physical sign of PTSD and reaction to increased anxiety and possible threats.
- Changes in mood or thinking. People with PTSD often see the world as a very dangerous place and felt the need to protect themselves from it making it difficult to socialize or go out in public. Isolation can lead to depression and increases the probability of engaging in risky behaviors.
EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) is a psychotherapy that heals people from trauma from traumatic life experiences. People can quickly get benefit. Once it took years to make a difference in talk therapy. The Hills Rehab offers this specialized therapy and would be happy to provide an assessment to further discuss how this can help you.
It has been speculated that severe traumatic pain requires a long time to heal. EMDR therapy has shown that the mind can heal from trauma as quickly as the body recovers from the physical trauma. When you cut your legs, your body will work quickly to heal the wound. If anything irritates the wound It can cause inflammation and pain. When the scars fade the body continues to heal. As with EMDR therapy, it has been shown that a similar sequence of events occurs with mental processes. If the system is out of balance from the effects of a traumatic event Emotional wounds fester and cause suffering. and when the wound is erased, treatment will continue.
Our EMDRIA-certified EMDR therapists at The Hills Rehab are highly qualified to integrate the benefits of standard EMDR protocols by conceptualizing Internal Family Systems (IFS).
The EMDR+IFS PARTS protocol overlays the Internal Family Systems (IFS) model into the protocol. Standard EMDR, which could help using ways for a more authoritative approach to wound healing.
Advantages of the EMDR PARTS protocol:
- Developing the understanding
- Sympathy finding and understanding of thinking, feeling and behaviors
- Internal regaining trust
- Stronger identity development
- Strengthen wound healing flexibility
- Deal with “Faith Blocking” by more compassionate